Rbta shrinking

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i have a rbta that has been shrinking for about four months. I have it in a 20 gallon fusion with two primes. They are set about 8” above the surface with blues at 100%at peak, uv at 70% white at 10%. Phosphates are at .05 ppm nitrates are under 1. Calc at 440. Alk at 9 ppm. 1.025 and 77*. I feed it a thin slice of raw shrimp about the size if a nickel once or twice a week.

Any ideas or things to consider?

Thank you

OP
OP
A

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking if it were too much it would hide. I have a 310gph return with an aqamai kps running a wave 100%. It has climbed up a rock which is about 5” away from the pump

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your dissolved nutrients are kind of low, maybe try upping the feeding a bit and see how it responds.

mark vincent muriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its hungry... feed it before its too late.. malnourished bta will have its tentacles reallly short makes it more impossible to feed

OP
OP
A

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually one is the first gen and the other is an hd. It resides under the former.

Ill try and feed it larger portions?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually one is the first gen and the other is an hd. It resides under the former.

Ill try and feed it larger portions?

If anything maybe several smaller pieces, I wouldn't try and feed a large piece of shrimp. If possible I would try a variety of smaller foods (mysis, LRF, etc) soaked in selcon.

OP
OP
A

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anything maybe several smaller pieces, I wouldn't try and feed a large piece of shrimp. If possible I would try a variety of smaller foods (mysis, LRF, etc) soaked in selcon.

Okay great thank you

OP
OP
A

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to make an update. Im trying to feed it buts it is difficult as the nem is on the side glass and the tentacles or at least whats left of the tentacles wont grab any food. I have been successful with taking a mysis shrimp at a time and holding it near its mouth. Two yesterday and today a very small chunk of shrimp.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back