RBTA split and has some bubbles on the column/disk area (The pic explains it better...)

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I've had this strand of RBTA split many times and haven't ever seen anything like this. It appears that some sort of bubbles have inflated from the area of the column/disk that was torn for the split. Up until yesterday, the nem has seemed perfectly fine but the clowns made it close up for egg laying yesterday and ever since its been unhappy. Assuming right now this is mostly just stress, probably the clown popped one of the bubbles and it's just healing, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with these weird bubble deformities on the tear area. I will also note that the other split is perfectly fine with no bubbles or other issues.

(This split was may 21st and the nem overall recovered very well)
D233D185-71F9-4D5B-A5D2-82B077C6A30B.jpeg

(This was it two nights ago, he's shrunk up so can't get a better photo rn)
D338B064-FA81-4E36-852B-5B30A2AD1C42.jpeg

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seen this happen more with damage or an unnatural split, but havent seen it when they split naturally

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's right where the clowns spend most of their time so they could have caused some sort of irritation during the healing process. Did the ones you've seen have more issues down the road or typically just took more time to recover?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that you mention it i think it does take longer for them to recover the tentacle growth on that side than with a normal split. the mouth heals up just as quickly though

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah the mouth healed up real quick, and during that time was when the bubbles appeared, maybe in place of tentacles then?. Thinking the clown just irritated it or popped one of the bubbles which is why it's acting up cause it was fine before they started their" site prep". This strain has been very hardy for me, but I do have some cipro on hand just in case anything else comes up

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont really know myself just seen it a couple of times before too and the anemone was fine after. if it isnt showing any other signs of distress i would prob hold off on cipro. the cipro and moving it can stress it out more i would guess, havent treated with cipro myself

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah i would only use it as a last resort if he really started to look bad, plus he's not in a great spot for removal either. I've used it once on a GBTA that had some sort of bacterial infection, but don't have much experience with it

Back