RBTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter MCWL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MCWL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
36
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am about to pic up my first RBTA. To go in my 90 gal. I run 2 gyres up top. Do I need to worry about the RBTA getting caught in it? And if so, what can I do to avoide it?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
 
Usually they should remain where they are but you never really know. I would put some thin screen cover over it and secure it so that the nem can't reach the blades. Very tiny holes on the screen would be the best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new