Re-Homing Fish Tips?

Chris H Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Messages
111
Reaction score
72
Location
Greenville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, where I live was hit by a big storm that caused our power to be out for a little over a week. My tank got destroyed, all my corals died and all but 4 fish didn’t make it.

Rather than rebuilding I’m going to convert my setup into a freshwater tank for the easier maintenance too. I need to re-home my 2 clowns and 2 cardinal fish. Any tips on how to do that? I posted on Facebook marketplace, are there any other good ways to find my fish a new home?
 
Can you ask your LFS if they’ll take the fish back from you? My local store has been known to do that.. even offering store credit at times.
 
Any local reef club or even posting free fish for pickup on this site may find the situation to solve your problem.
 
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, where I live was hit by a big storm that caused our power to be out for a little over a week. My tank got destroyed, all my corals died and all but 4 fish didn’t make it.

Rather than rebuilding I’m going to convert my setup into a freshwater tank for the easier maintenance too. I need to re-home my 2 clowns and 2 cardinal fish. Any tips on how to do that? I posted on Facebook marketplace, are there any other good ways to find my fish a new home?
Craigslist, local clubs and any LFS that has survived the storm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new