Re-Pairing Clowns

MurphyTheClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've had my clownfish pair for a few months, and they were happily paired together for the majority of that time. Recently they appear to have lost their pairing bond, and I was wondering if theres any tios on here about how to regain their paired status. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any ideas.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've had my clownfish pair for a few months, and they were happily paired together for the majority of that time. Recently they appear to have lost their pairing bond, and I was wondering if theres any tios on here about how to regain their paired status. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Maybe one has a headache or they got a divorce…

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a size difference between the two. Females will be the larger of the two. If they are the same size, there is chance they haven't gone through the sex change thing OR you might have two females. If two females, there's a good chance that will eventually be problematic.

OP
OP
MurphyTheClownfish

MurphyTheClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a size difference between the two. Females will be the larger of the two. If they are the same size, there is chance they haven't gone through the sex change thing OR you might have two females. If two females, there's a good chance that will eventually be problematic.
Yes there is. They came to me already paired and there was a male amd female set. The larger has stayed the same and the smaller hasn't gotten hardly any bigger. (They're quite large, I'd imagine 2.5 inches on the female and a about 2 inches or smaller on the male). They also were paired when I got them, I made sure too, and I checked with the person I got them from for 3 weeks before purchase. They just recently in my tank seemed to be not near each other and not sleeping in the same area, as well as not getting along. At first I had thought mating, which could still be the case, but I have watched them and the female is very defensive around the male, and he seems to not have changed at all. He still swims around the tank like normal.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back