Reactor pumps

90reefernyc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2015
Messages
77
Reaction score
19
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the vertex rx-u 1.5 and the 2.0. I am using one for carbon and one for GFO. I am currently feeding them both with one sicce pump 2.0 which is about 568 gph I don't think it enough flow through the carbon reactor. What kind of flow should I be looking for? What size pump do you recommend I should get to feed both reactors? Thank you
 
I run mine off of a Triton 3 (850 gph) with Several ball valves in line.You don't want water running through carbon or gfo too fast as it will grind its self down so heads up
 
As long as the media is dancing you have it spot on :-)
 
Thank you. The GFO is tumbling nicely but the carbon seems to be trickling on the return to sump and clogged up to almost nothing after running it for 2 weeks.
 
Ya needs a little more flow. Watch the clogging so you don't end up with anaerobic carbon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new