Read Me Now!!! New Idea For Aqua SD Live Sales!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a picture gallery of whats for sale that nite with price and how many are available, but not able to purchase until live sale though.

Then you do the live sale as your currently doing it, maybe post a few more corals at a time to speed up the sale. Or just start the sale eariler.

The reason i like this is, i could see whats available for the live sale and put priorities on which corals i could get with my budget.

It is part of the fun but is also frustrating to be on a budget and weary of buying a coral in fear of a better one being posted later and blowing my budget.

Just my thoughts

Aqualara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea above -- 50 corals every 10 minutes or so.

With only 10 corals posted every 10 minutes or so (like the last sale), most of the sale is spent refreshing and waiting. If you were to post all the corals at once, it would possibly be overwhelming and much less exciting. I enjoy the anticipation of the next posted batch. With 25 or 50 corals posted at a time, I think it would be a good balance, and the sale would end at a decent hour for east coast people.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about a picture gallery of whats for sale that nite with price and how many are available, but not able to purchase until live sale though.

Then you do the live sale as your currently doing it, maybe post a few more corals at a time to speed up the sale. Or just start the sale eariler.

The reason i like this is, i could see whats available for the live sale and put priorities on which corals i could get with my budget.

It is part of the fun but is also frustrating to be on a budget and weary of buying a coral in fear of a better one being posted later and blowing my budget.

Just my thoughts

I like this idea, this would be kind of like the presale ads for black Friday...only thing is that if you post prices along with pics, you do away with a lot of the impulse spending that happens in a live sale...I'll let you guys decide if that's a good thing or not... ;) I'd probably recommend an album posted on photobucket or facebook (or both) before the sale...without prices...

Another thought is that if this preview album were started days or even 2 weeks prior (I realize we're too close to this one for that now,...but in the future...), it would drive up facebook traffic, boost new registrations on R2R, and probably result in a greater overall showing in the actual sale...a win for everyone.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Facebook here!!! I love the idea of a pre sale ad showing everything that will be in the sale. Possibly even just a link via your own site 24 hrs prior to the sale, with or without pricing. Listing every coral that would be part of the sale all at once sounds like multiple orders in seconds, too many IMO. Participating in the live sales as they are now provides prizes too for the dedicated individuals that stay. Bottom line, pre sale ad, 20+ corals at once (every 15 minutes or so), tell FB followers to join R2R, continue the awesome live sales as usual. Remember, if it ain't broke....

You already had some great live sales that were awesome, I'm still enjoying my sps!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :) Sounds good! After reading everyone's comments, we will keep the live sale "LIVE" and keep it here on R2R instead of posting it all at once on FB.

We will post 20 items at a time instead of 10 (max amount of images per post is 21)

We will also start it a little earlier than normal too (Time TBD)

You guys are awesome, thanks again!!!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo. Maybe I can scrap some funds together for this one!! Don't start too early, All these east coasters can't stay up late, but we all got stuff to do during the day and we want to enjoy our day just like they do. Lol. ;)

If you want to do more than 20 items at once, just do back-to-back posts. Should be a good time, maybe we'll have some contests and cheap pieces. Thanks for all the hard work you do

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :) Sounds good! After reading everyone's comments, we will keep the live sale "LIVE" and keep it here on R2R instead of posting it all at once on FB.

You guys are awesome, thanks again!!!
No, thank you guys for providing us the excellent corals at great prices! Look forward to my box Friday! Keep up the good work!

cryptics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will find your sales will be down. Live sales are about the impulse buy. If I see all the items at once i will decide what I want keeping in mind what I want to spend. In a tradition live sale I see a cool polyp for a good price and grab it this happens a few times then say your Hyper Candies come up and I can't resist even though that pushes me over what I wanted to spend

Blue face angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a link with everything that will be for sale is a great idea . I love live sales for the competitiveness of who got what . I end up buying things just to say I got it . Also having some contests thrown in for people to win things helps . To speed it up just post 20 items every 5 min or so .

IloveLPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think posting all at once will make it difficult to get the things you want. Plus it takes the excitement out of waiting for the next post on here of coral. I think you should just start the live sale sooner and keep everything else like previous live sales.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That idea is pretty much like a website update. :)

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input guys :)

We will run the sale here, and will post up items every 10 minutes, 20 items per post. That way we will get through all 500 pieces in about 4 and a half hours.

Next sale is this Sunday 2/9/14!

Some new highlights below to look out for in the next sale!

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice can't wait! Speaking from someone on the east coast...the loss of sleep is well worth the fantastic sale!

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the traditional live sales. Theres an excitement level to it.."whats coming next?" If you post all the coral at once it would be like shopping on a regular website with all their coral posted. Glad youre keeping it the same!

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an east coast guy I think the live sale was nice the way it was. Although I work nights it's easy for me to be on till midnight. But if there is a coral you realy want you tend to make arrangements to get it. And I impulse buy myself lol

Back