OP
Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after some consideration, I didn't get a nem back then. I have since been more diligent on nutrient control and have everything in order. I got myself a lovely rainbow bubbletip. Just the right size my clown shouldn't hurt it, if he even takes to it. It's a shame my camera doesn't pick up the colours.

Attachments

• DSC_2384.JPG
    DSC_2384.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 25

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of clown do you have, BTAs aren’t a natural host to most clown fish. Some will go in others don’t. I have 6 BTAs in my tank and my clown pair avoid them all.
thats weird.. i have BTA's and my clowns love them (maroon and ocelarris and percula). i wouldn't be surprised if the prefer other nems though... i stopped trying to keep carpets and sebaes cause they are so finicky.

OP
OP
Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats weird.. i have BTA's and my clowns love them (maroon and ocelarris and percula). i wouldn't be surprised if the prefer other nems though... i stopped trying to keep carpets and sebaes cause they are so finicky.

I don't know about ocellaris and perculas, but bubbletips are supposed to be a natural host to maroons.
Somebody should tell my Maroon that. I ended up getting one a couple weeks back, and he prefers the skimmer intake.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back