Ready to Stock?

Toshira99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
12
Location
State College
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my tank running since Wednesday (1/6/21) I’ve used live rock and live sand and I added a bottle of nitrifying bacteria for saltwater. I’ve been checking my parameters, they all look good (1.023 sg, 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite, 10-20 ppm nitrate.) I added hermit crabs last night and they’re all doing fine, some are more active than others but I think that’s to be expected. Can I add fish today? I’m thinking a snowflake eel, a valentini puffer, and then I’m thinking maybe a 6-line wrasse or a gold-headed or diamond watchman’s goby.
 
So I’ve had my tank running since Wednesday (1/6/21) I’ve used live rock and live sand and I added a bottle of nitrifying bacteria for saltwater. I’ve been checking my parameters, they all look good (1.023 sg, 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite, 10-20 ppm nitrate.) I added hermit crabs last night and they’re all doing fine, some are more active than others but I think that’s to be expected. Can I add fish today? I’m thinking a snowflake eel, a valentini puffer, and then I’m thinking maybe a 6-line wrasse or a gold-headed or diamond watchman’s goby.
I would say to add them slowly but it seems fine. I aded fish to mine like a week after doing the same proccess you did,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new