Ready to Stock?

Toshira99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my tank running since Wednesday (1/6/21) I’ve used live rock and live sand and I added a bottle of nitrifying bacteria for saltwater. I’ve been checking my parameters, they all look good (1.023 sg, 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite, 10-20 ppm nitrate.) I added hermit crabs last night and they’re all doing fine, some are more active than others but I think that’s to be expected. Can I add fish today? I’m thinking a snowflake eel, a valentini puffer, and then I’m thinking maybe a 6-line wrasse or a gold-headed or diamond watchman’s goby.

Arlen nemeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my tank running since Wednesday (1/6/21) I’ve used live rock and live sand and I added a bottle of nitrifying bacteria for saltwater. I’ve been checking my parameters, they all look good (1.023 sg, 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite, 10-20 ppm nitrate.) I added hermit crabs last night and they’re all doing fine, some are more active than others but I think that’s to be expected. Can I add fish today? I’m thinking a snowflake eel, a valentini puffer, and then I’m thinking maybe a 6-line wrasse or a gold-headed or diamond watchman’s goby.
I would say to add them slowly but it seems fine. I aded fish to mine like a week after doing the same proccess you did,

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back