Really poor ATI results

remy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent my water for ati/icp test and the results are really poor:

https://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/fd2d1360729b251edd7d

I've became a father recently and neglected the tank a little bit.. also see no growth or what so ever from my corals but that makes sense..

What would be the best thing to do, do a big water change? And for the coming weeks do the changes more often and bigger? I'm definitely a beginner so all help is really welcome.

Tank details, about 1,5 years old:
Waterbox AIO 50.3 - 160 liters
2x ai prime reed 16hd
Maxspext gyre 350 2x
Tunze skimmer

2 clown fish and a few other small fish, don't know the English translation of them..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I notice is your salinity is WAYYY off, which could be accounting for why some of the other elements are low
It lists your salinity all the down at 29!
A reef tank should be at around 35

I’d do a few water changes with properly mixed water to get the salinity back in line first and then retest.

OP
OP
R

remy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I notice is your salinity is WAYYY off, which could be accounting for why some of the other elements are low
It lists your salinity all the down at 29!
A reef tank should be at around 35

I’d do a few water changes with properly mixed water to get the salinity back in line first and then retest.
Thanks for your reply! How much and how often would you change if you were me?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent my water for ati/icp test and the results are really poor:

https://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/fd2d1360729b251edd7d

I've became a father recently and neglected the tank a little bit.. also see no growth or what so ever from my corals but that makes sense..

What would be the best thing to do, do a big water change? And for the coming weeks do the changes more often and bigger? I'm definitely a beginner so all help is really welcome.

Tank details, about 1,5 years old:
Waterbox AIO 50.3 - 160 liters
2x ai prime reed 16hd
Maxspext gyre 350 2x
Tunze skimmer

2 clown fish and a few other small fish, don't know the English translation of them..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ignore the scary warning.

The only thing wrong is your salinity is low.

Bring it up slowly by replacing evaporation with salt water instead of using RODI water.

When it is correct switch back to RODI

Luminous74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich würde auch 3x 30 % Wasserwechsel machen und dann den Salzgehalt anpassen. Passen Sie die KH- und Ca-Dosierung dem aktuellen Verbrauch an

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do 20% water changes a week until salinity is fixed, and then keep up with a good routine water change schedule after that. 20% every two weeks or 10% a week.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First question is what parameters do you usually try to keep your major elements at and are they lower/ higher than you want to be? If you just add salt or saltwater to increase salinity and let things evaporate I think your major elements are going to rise and you may not want that... or you'd have to adjust dosing to compensate.

If your fresh saltwater is generally where you keep the major elements, I'd start doing water changes every few days to bring up salinity and start to even things out to where your fresh saltwater is - just keep an eye on nutrients and try to maintain those where you want also, since you probably don't want to bottom out your phosphate doing water changes.

Once salinity and major elements/ and nutrients are close to where you want then worry about the trace elements...

How fast you do this should take into account type of corals you have (zoas/ softies can probably handle faster changes than if you keep SPS)

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply! How much and how often would you change if you were me?
I’d do Around 15-20% of the aquariums volume 1-2x a week.

Or I also really like the idea from @gbroadbridge Of just using saltwater for your evaporation top off.

Main thing is you just don’t want to make the whole adjustment at once or too quickly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back