Reason to use a kalk mixer

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i have a Deltec KM 500 kalkwasseer mixer. I have a 129g mixed reef tank (mostly LPS) and i want to use this mixer for better KH - alkalinity levels. I use Seachem Fusion 2 to keep my alkalinity around 9.8-10 and on the long therm can be expensive for this reason i plan to use this kalkwasser mixer during night time when my PH drop also with 0,2-0,3. I will use carefuly with a peri pump.
This method of adding a kalkwasser mix is eficient to mantain the KH level or it's used mostly when people experience PH problems??
Thanks

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser is a fine and simple method to maintain Alk levels... until your corals’ Alk consumption gets to a point where kalkwasser alone can no longer keep up. Then you may have to look into 2 part dosing once you get to that point.

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalkwasser is a fine and simple method to maintain Alk levels... until your corals’ Alk consumption gets to a point where kalkwasser alone can no longer keep up. Then you may have to look into 2 part dosing once you get to that point.

That point it's still far for me i think...I will grow mostly LPS and i believe that i can sustain my system long time with kalkwaser . Thanks for your answer Water Dog!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back