Rebooting the 29g AIO

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ya, I may just roll with my 80w of blue until I decide to buy from sbreeflights. I think they've hit a sweet spot with a black box that actually gives support (replacement parts) with some upside relative to a standard black box, and the basic model is closer to the black box price than a radion, with as much power as either and wires cleanly to a reef-pi.

If I were ever to go another level up, I think I'd go ReeFi, but it's a bit rich for my blood, as evidenced by my interest in black box and sbreeflight

Haha same here, the ReeFi is in my #1 on top 3 wish-lights (ReeFi, radions, hydra).

I actually manufactured my mounting solution for the black box lights out of 1515 aluminum extrusion in vague anticipation of transitioning to them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
burningbaal

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blasted vermetids...I've been wondering why the torch wasn't out as much lately and tonight I fed some cyclopeeze I still have in the freezer. Apparently that made the vermetids excited...I thought I had gotten rid of them a month ago, but there were three sizable ones and the largest was spreading its gunk all over my torch.
Full of four letter words (even though it's a boring torch).

Everything's got PE okay except the euphyllia. hopefully the torch gets back out now that the vermetid is wrecked, we'll see about the new hammer...it is out in the sand so I don't think a vermetid was irritating it. Might just take a while, but it's sucked in pretty harshly. no obvious tissue loss yet, but I haven't seen it out since Sunday (purchased Saturday)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back