Received a box of Ghost Poop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I admit, I was nervous ordering a glass reservoir this size online. It’s the new IM 15g reservoir.

However, Marine Depot absolutely took care of it! The IM box (which has molded styrofoam protection) was inside another huge one, which was absolutely stuffed with packing peanuts! Along with “FRAGILE: GLASS” stickers.

(I removed a lot of the packing peanuts before taking this photo)

3LcfbJ8.jpg

I’m a tall guy. This was quite a few!

(I’m going to reuse them for outgoing packages, so it’s perfect)

28k0XDg.jpg

It’s one sexy 15 gallon reservoir. I do need to black out the back, and fix up some wiring

LpK429C.jpg

Closer view. It has a ball-thingy to show water level. Not quite sure why that’s needed, given the container is clear. But still cool :)

M0jityA.jpg

Not too shabby

wqu5i3G.jpg

Last edited:

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, nice set up. That stand is killer

I almost think you liked the packing more than the tank:D

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, nice set up. That stand is killer

I almost think you liked the packing more than the tank:D

True.....fine. I added a better photo of the reservoir to my first post o_O

I’m kind of confused with the reservoir, lol.

What is the point of this threaded hole?! It doesn’t fit a float valve or 1/4” RO tubing.

I’ll install a float valve in the bottom of the acrylic drawer for refills :)

nCVJzUF.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
That screw going s into the hole. It keeps the draw from pulling all the way out. Screw it in and open the draw. It should stop short of pulling out

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That screw going s into the hole. It keeps the draw from pulling all the way out. Screw it in and open the draw. It should stop short of pulling out

I just looked on IM's site, you're right.

At first it seems like a rather crude implementation for a drawer stop. However to put the stop was underneath the drawer, it would need to be siliconed to the glass and would fail over time. So I understand their reasoning for putting it there.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Earlier today I read some reviews of the red water indicator leaching red dye into the water, FYI. I read some people took it completely out.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Earlier today I read some reviews of the red water indicator leaching red dye into the water, FYI. I read some people took it completely out.

Have a link? I’m wondering if that still applies to the 15g (which was recently released). If so, good call.

Edit;
I see a reference to that on an amazon review after 1 year, though I’m not sure if that’s just natural bacterial film on his cloth.

Last edited:

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I admit, I was nervous ordering a glass reservoir this size online. It’s the new IM 15g reservoir.

However, Marine Depot absolutely took care of it! The IM box (which has molded styrofoam protection) was inside another huge one, which was absolutely stuffed with packing peanuts! Along with “FRAGILE: GLASS” stickers.

haloween-scary-ghost-3-3.gif

Thank you for shopping with us! :)

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks really nice, I have been thinking about getting the 5 gallon.. your stand looks fantastic! Is that stone tile on a wooden substructure?

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks really nice, I have been thinking about getting the 5 gallon.. your stand looks fantastic! Is that stone tile on a wooden substructure?

So it was part of a craigslist find— it’s a wooden substructure, and then this incredible stiff foam that looks like real coral rock. I have no idea how they did it- true craftsmen :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
So it was part of a craigslist find— it’s a wooden substructure, and then this incredible stiff foam that looks like real coral rock. I have no idea how they did it- true craftsmen :)

Wow! What a find.. excuse me while I go scavenge craigslist ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%
Back