Received *Part 2* of my Package

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it last night and I am again blown away! Great stuff and full of surprises. I have more rock than I need though. Had to place two huge pieces in my big tank.

Included with the rest of my rock and invert package were...cucumbers, anenomes, serpent stars, peppermint shrimp, lots of hermits and snails, a VERY cool decorator crab covered in sponges, etc. gorgorians, sponges, sea fans, other corals and a little fish! A hitchhiker wrasse! tiny thing. I think it might be a little dragon wrasse but haven't IDed him yet.

Almost lost a little anenome this morning. Crawled up onto my koralia! Luckily I saw it and pulled the plug. Lost a couple pieces but seems to be o.k.
Will share a few photos. not the best quality but will give you an idea.

I haven't had a chance to do ANY aquascaping yet. Everything was just acclimated and stuck in the tank late last night. I think i *still* have too much rock to aquascape the way I want it.
Here's a few pics. More to follow!

Attachments

• FTS, NOT aquascaped yet.jpg
    FTS, NOT aquascaped yet.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Part 2 goodies.jpg
    Part 2 goodies.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Cool stuff.jpg
    Cool stuff.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Beautiful purple fan.jpg
    Beautiful purple fan.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Unsure.... cool coral.jpg
    Unsure.... cool coral.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More photos of TB package

A few more pictures!

Attachments

• So Cool! Decorator Crab.jpg
    So Cool! Decorator Crab.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Is this a rock Anenome.jpg
    Is this a rock Anenome.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Anenome 1.jpg
    Anenome 1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Red Sponge & Purple Gorgorian.jpg
    Red Sponge & Purple Gorgorian.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Orange paddle sponge I think.jpg
    Orange paddle sponge I think.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 237
OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last of my pics

This is the last of the pics I've managed to get so far.

Attachments

• Anenome making friends with Koralia.jpg
    Anenome making friends with Koralia.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Cucumber on return nozzle.jpg
    Cucumber on return nozzle.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 221
  • More Decorator Crab.jpg
    More Decorator Crab.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Not sure what this is but it's sloughing badly.jpg
    Not sure what this is but it's sloughing badly.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Yellow ball sponge.jpg
    Yellow ball sponge.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 195

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome Terry, I might have to order from them when I upgrade my tank someday.

FYI the snail in the 3 pic on the first post is a whelk and will hunt down and kill other snails.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks John. I thought it was a whelk but wasn't sure. Glad to confirmed it. He'll have to go. Maybe my Puffer or Trigger in the big tank would like him? They loved the gorilla crabs! Did some aquaqscaping last night and everything is turning out pretty nice. I'm very pleased.

I've noticed the Sheridan people don't frequent this forum very often. That's too bad. I know everyone is really busy but I thought having our own sub forum would be nice.
Appreciate your response John.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way.... does anyone here know what type/kind of coral that is in my first post, last picture? It's pretty cool. About 4 inches high and 4 inches around. I don't know what it is though.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind....did some research and it's a hard coral, a *Blushing star*. Nice coral!
I removed 3 Whelks to the sump too! Thanks John~

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're here just busy or lurking. LOL. It seems the club forums are showing up on the main page now. that will help. That rock is incredible. Cant wait for the nest pilgramidge so we can see it in person. Happy reefing.

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only a few of us that are really active on the forums with Randy and I probably being the most active then Tim and Dennis, the others I think do more reading than posting. I haven't been on as much since I went back to work but I am subscribed to this forum so I get an email daily if someone adds anything.

Yes definetly looking foward to the next pilgramage.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock looks great Terri! Not to be a downer, but it will be interesting to see how many of the sponges end up making it. Everything I've read on them says the tank needs to be very well established before introducing them. As filter feeders they need a huge supply of microfauna. Keep a close eye on them, when they start to die you want to pull them, as they will quickly pollute a small system. The variety of gorgonians is excellent, may have to talk you out of some small frags off some of those, as you have several varieties that I do not. Also the decorater is cool, but is generally not considered to be reef safe, as they use sponges and corals to decorate their shell, and often cause extensive damage or kill the host sponge/coral. Just an FYI

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy... No...you're not being a downer at all. I know about the sponges, etc. I've seen some of the pics from tanks with Richards rock package a year or more later and they still look great and many of the sponges survived. I do appreciate the heads up. I also know about the decorator crab. So far he's being good and came fully loaded with an assortment of sponges, etc stuck to him. If he starts to munch on my sponges/corals... perhaps your kids would like another cool specimen?
Gotta tell you....setting up this new tank has been such a great experience. I'm enjoying all the life and finding new things daily. totally different than when I set up my big tank. That rock was pretty much dead when it came. Even though I know not everything is good or compatible...for now it's great and I'll do what I need to do when the time comes.
Thanks Randy and I'll let you know when Mr Mantis is ready for his new home.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.TBSaltWater.com

I got *The Package* from Tampa Bay Salt Water. Richard was fabulous to work with too. All his rock comes packed in water! Sponges never touch the air. Incredible amount of life, minimal die off and my tank cycled beautifully.

He's also very eco-sensitive. Leases a 15 acre spot in the gilf and seeded the area with dry base rock about 12 years ago. For every couple humdred pounds of rock he brings up and sells, he puts that much back to replace it.
Super nice guy!

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back