Receiving coral shipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter LukeV
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LukeV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
33
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you acclimate corals after long shipping? How do you acclimate without causing acid burn from the spike of PH when the oxygen level increases? Should you dip them or will that cause unneeded stress? What coral dip would you recommend, I am a little skeptical about using Bayer. Thanks
 
Bayer all I use and I have a qt tank I don't dip tell after it gets happy in there and dip before it goes to my DT and I've used bayer for yrs for a whole Lotta corals
 
I will float the bags in a quarantine tank if there are a lot corals to unpack. Then I open up the bags and pack them into a 5 gallon bucket(still inside the bags).I will periodically add water from the aquarium over a 1-2 hour period,being careful not to let the bucket get cold.I like to check the salinity of the incoming purchases as well.I would suggest always dipping new corals,no exceptions.Yes it will cause your corals more stress,but so will parasites.I was originally hesitant to use Bayer,however I have used it many times and have found that it is gentle.Just be sure to rinse the dip off well with extra tank water.l also use Revive when I suspect flat worms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new