Recommend lights?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shook

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning to get a 100g for corals and a carpet anemone. 47.3" x 23.6" x 19.7" is the tank measurements. I’m not well experienced in lighting and I was looking at the Meridian 45 or 35. Tips or recommendations? Is there a better option or am I thinking too strong of a light? I do have a budget no larger the 1500 total.
20260718_224025_4DE88474-D1A4-4D7A-8CBE-F9013453210E.png
 
I feel a Meridian is overpriced for what they actually are. Don't get me wrong, they are great lights, but I wouldn't personally run them. For your tank, 2 XR15s either pro or blues dependent on the spectrum you like would work great or you could do 2 Hydra 32HDs.

If you want to maximize your money per dollar, I will strongly recommend the Nicrew Hyperreef 200W gen2 fixture. You can find them on Amazon for 319 per fixture and you need a 50-dollar controller. 2 of them would work perfect for your tank and they are relatively good competition against radions.
 
I feel a Meridian is overpriced for what they actually are. Don't get me wrong, they are great lights, but I wouldn't personally run them. For your tank, 2 XR15s either pro or blues dependent on the spectrum you like would work great or you could do 2 Hydra 32HDs.

If you want to maximize your money per dollar, I will strongly recommend the Nicrew Hyperreef 200W gen2 fixture. You can find them on Amazon for 319 per fixture and you need a 50-dollar controller. 2 of them would work perfect for your tank and they are relatively good competition against radions.
Thank you. <3
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new