Recommendation needed on pump size

  • Thread starter Thread starter stixs5758
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stixs5758

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Messages
65
Reaction score
39
Location
Turnersville
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently was looking to boost my filtration in my tank and bought a Bashsea bio mass reactor along with a BRS media reactor for carbon. The plan is to run 1 pump through the 2 I have to go 4 feet from the tank and another 4 foot back. They recommended a sicce 1.5 should I go higher? Or that should would I plan to put ball valves between each one to help control the flow some to each as needed but being newer to the hobby not sure how to judge it.
 
If you still wish to run both on a single pump, you will need a manifold setup, a high-quality pump like a Sicce 3.0, and independent ball valves to meticulously dial in the pressure for each reactor.
 
If you still wish to run both on a single pump, you will need a manifold setup, a high-quality pump like a Sicce 3.0, and independent ball valves to meticulously dial in the pressure for each reactor.
Thats what I mostly gonna do they both arent huge reactors its for 40 gallon tank so figured i would go sicce pump 1.5/2.0 to ball valve to bio media then ball valve to carbon reactor then back to to tank.
 
I think you're going to need a 3.0 to be honest. Every ball valve, length of hose, etc takes out pressure of pump.
 
I think you're going to need a 3.0 to be honest. Every ball valve, length of hose, etc takes out pressure of pump.
Thank you will give the 3.0 a whirl i already have the 2 others so will try out all sizes will need them all at some point anyway
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new