Recommendations on large tank builders

Driftdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2018
Messages
42
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 20+ years it’s time to replace my main display and likely all of its parts. Not sure if I should be happy or recoiling in fear given the different world we are currently living in. (I still remember paying $1 for 10 gallon tanks, $20 for 55 gallon tanks in the 80s…Complained about the $1/gallon price being too high…and now choke at the$150 ask for a 40 breeder!)

I used to have a list of companies who made large tanks, but I cannot figure out where the hell I saved the file after all this time. Over half of my old bookmarks are now dead, which leads me here to ask for recommendations.

What companies would you recommend for ordering a largish (approx 300g) custom aquarium?

Before anyone asks, I am planning to stay with glass. (That said, if the equivalent acrylic tank is somehow cheaper, I guess I will deal with acrylic.). .I won’t go through everything else here since that is not the purpose of this post. Thanks for the suggestions.
 
Feel free to reach out to us at Top Shelf Aquatics! We have an in-house tank builder and would be happy to discuss a custom build around the 300-gallon size.

Acrylic will likely come in cheaper, but in our opinion, glass holds up better cosmetically over the long haul. Acrylic scratches more easily, so keeping it looking good takes more care.

Check out our Top Shelf Aquatics YouTube channel for plenty of examples of our builds and installations. Happy to talk through options and pricing so you can decide whether to be excited or terrified 😂
 
IMO, of of the biggest differences between manufacturers is the cabinetry you want. With a tank that large you need a steel frame with the cabinets around it. Reef Savvy and Custom Aquariums in Wisconsin are the two higher end companies that I would suggest as both build for public aquariums etc. From a customer service viewpoint, Glass Cages has a great reputation for customer interaction.
 
After 20+ years it’s time to replace my main display and likely all of its parts. Not sure if I should be happy or recoiling in fear given the different world we are currently living in. (I still remember paying $1 for 10 gallon tanks, $20 for 55 gallon tanks in the 80s…Complained about the $1/gallon price being too high…and now choke at the$150 ask for a 40 breeder!)

I used to have a list of companies who made large tanks, but I cannot figure out where the hell I saved the file after all this time. Over half of my old bookmarks are now dead, which leads me here to ask for recommendations.

What companies would you recommend for ordering a largish (approx 300g) custom aquarium?

Before anyone asks, I am planning to stay with glass. (That said, if the equivalent acrylic tank is somehow cheaper, I guess I will deal with acrylic.). .I won’t go through everything else here since that is not the purpose of this post. Thanks for the suggestions.
Awesome....

Below is a list of Aquarium manufactures. You have many options to explore. I am sure I may have missed a few. Totally not intentional.

1. Coast 2 Coast
2. Reef Savvy
3. Miracles Aquariums
4. Titan
5. Tsunami Aquariums
6. Crystal Dynamics
7. Planet Aquariums
8. Advanced Acrylics
9. Midwest Custom Aquarium
10. Fish Tanks Direct
11. Custom Aquariums
12. Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
13. Tank Me USA
14. Crystal Reef Aquatics
15. Aqueon
16. Glass Cages
17. SCA
18. Acrylic Glass Exhibits
19. GEO
20. Tenecor Aquariums
21. Exotic Aquariums
22. Waterbox
23. Cade
24. Innovative Marine
25. Reef Octopus
26. Zero Edge
27. Redsea
28. Sheman Tanks
29. ELOS
30. New Level Tanks
31. The Aquarium King
32. Fish Traps
33. Splash Box Creations
34. Aqua Forest
35. Nyos
36. AquaMaxx
37. Mr Aqua
38. Eshopps
39. Lifegard Aquatics
40. LiquidArt Aquariums
41. JBJ
42. Maxspec
43. Miraculous Catch Aquarium
44. Concept Aquariums

The best choice is your choice.

We would be honored if you consider Glass Cages and we are here to help you even if you decide to go with another builder. Growing and educating within this hobby is our mission.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new