Red bugs

  • Thread starter Thread starter dadnjesse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would think the online store would keep them (the copepods) isolated in a clean enviornment but it may be possible, do you have pics?
 
Some of my Sps colonies have STN on the bottom. I can't tell if something is eating them or not as my old eyes can't see as well as I once could. My Vet sold me some Interceptor that I used just in case. The only thing I have added recently is a Mandarin and Copepods from a few different places.
 
Last edited:
Some of my Sps colonies have STN on the bottom. I can't tell if something is eating them or not as my old eyes can't see as well as I once could. My Vet sold me some Interceptor that I used just in case. The only thing I have added recently is a Mandarin and Copepods from a few different places.
I'm a vet, but new to reefing. How do you use Interceptor to treat a reef tank??
 
I'm a vet, but new to reefing. How do you use Interceptor to treat a reef tank??
Acropora are subject to parasite attacks. Red Bugs, Black Bugs. Some even say white bugs. Left unchecked, they can decimate your acropora colonies over time.

While safe for corals and fish, shrimp/crabs and pods are often wiped out.
 
I'm a vet, but new to reefing. How do you use Interceptor to treat a reef tank??
Check out the link below. Hope it’s helpful. My vet wouldn’t prescribe it unless I bring my dog for a heart worm test even though I told them it was solely for my reef tank.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new