Red bugs

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best way to remove red bugs from a mixed reef tank is 200 gallons have a friend who’s dealing with this He dipped some of the corals that he was able to remove he then treated the the tank with flatworm exit but said they are still there in some spots Ive never dealt with this so asking for help so that I can help him any help wil be appreciated

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one does he get and as far as the dosage and instructions how does he go about it thnks

pherr2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I read about dosing Interceptor Plus talks about using large dog tablets. These have 24 mg of the active ingrediant needed to kill redbugs. The only way I am able to get script and therefor needed medication quickly, is for my dog that is medium. I could only get the medium sized tablets that have 11 mg. Logic suggest, instead of cutting one large tablet in two, one tablet (maybe plus a little of another) would suffice for a 180g tank plus 50g sump. I only ask bc I have not seen any conversation or videos discussing this and want to be sure Im not missing something. Is it possible the other base ingrediants are not sufficiant? Also, there are other heartworm med with same active ingrediant. It would seem these would work too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back