Red dragon 3 pre filter options

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
401
Location
Royal Oak, Mi
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good afternoon, everyone,

Is anyone aware of an economical pre filter for the Red Dragon 3? Alternatively, is anyone aware of the thread size and pitch on the inlet of the pump?

Thanks

David
 
I drew up this 115mm sphere is fusion 360 and hollowed it out to create a 6mm wall thickness. I then cut a 80mm hole for the 1.5-inch union nut. To create the holes, I cheated and made is porous with 5.0mm squares. I sent it off to be 3d printed hopefully it works,

20221204_184106.jpg
holes, I cheated and made is porous with 5.0mm holes. I sent it off to be 3d printed hopefully it works,
 
I would be a little hesitant to place a filter on the suction side of a pump.
Especially a expensive pump like a RD3
 
I have a packaging/clearance so I can't use the Royal exclusiv slot pipe guard.
 

Attachments

  • 20230531_075417.jpg
    20230531_075417.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 56
Instead of wasting time to figure out what the thread dimensions were I simply used the existing nut and designed an slight interference fit to the OD of the nut
 

Attachments

  • 20230531_082043.jpg
    20230531_082043.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 65

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new