Red dragon return pump for Red Sea 350?

Yasmar01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the process of gathering all of my equipment for my Red Sea 350 build. Looking at the Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 5 Eco pump 25 watt for my return pump. Just wondering if you think this would be a good choice. Or maybe you have some other suggestions.

Jimbo7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Dragons have a bit of a sordid past, with royal exclusiv seeming to bounce around vendors/designs over the last 10 years. They used to be a gold standard of pump that you paid a gold price for, then swung to the other end of the spectrum for awhile. TBH not sure where they ended up as of now.

If you're looking for a DC pump, the Vectra line is well received with a lot of advanced features for a similar cost. I think the S2 would be comparable to what you've listed.

OP
OP
Yasmar01

Yasmar01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Dragons have a bit of a sordid past, with royal exclusiv seeming to bounce around vendors/designs over the last 10 years. They used to be a gold standard of pump that you paid a gold price for, then swung to the other end of the spectrum for awhile. TBH not sure where they ended up as of now.

If you're looking for a DC pump, the Vectra line is well received with a lot of advanced features for a similar cost. I think the S2 would be comparable to what you've listed.
I was looking at that pump as well. Thank you for the reply and the recommendation. So would you say Royal Exclusiv skimmers have the same reputation?

Back