Red eyed Tree frogs

  • Thread starter Thread starter spspirate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Richmond, Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here keep red eyed tree frogs? Been thinking about keeping these guys again. I haven't kept any in 15yrs. Im guessing a lot has happened in the advancement of keeping amphibians or maybe not. Want to do a rain system for these guys if I do decide to keep them again. Any insight would be great!
 
I recently got back into Retiles after a few years of taking a break when I bought a Brazilian Rainbow Boa while on a Road Trip. There have been lots of changes in that aspect of the hobby. Better lighting, heating and humidity control options out there, not to mention some nice enclosures that are really nice set ups! I bought a Repti-Fogger which is the bomb and has been a godsend to maintaining the high humidity levels found in rain forest that critters like the Frogs and some Herps require. Take a look around and see whats out there before you get started!!!
 
I recently got back into Retiles after a few years of taking a break when I bought a Brazilian Rainbow Boa while on a Road Trip. There have been lots of changes in that aspect of the hobby. Better lighting, heating and humidity control options out there, not to mention some nice enclosures that are really nice set ups! I bought a Repti-Fogger which is the bomb and has been a godsend to maintaining the high humidity levels found in rain forest that critters like the Frogs and some Herps require. Take a look around and see whats out there before you get started!!!

Congrats on the new boa! I'm going to hit the reptile show next month to see what the market has to offer. Thanks for your input.
 
I don't keep red eyes, but I have a tank of thumbnail darts. Check out the MistKing. Its pretty sweet. Wish I had one, but only so much money to split between frogs and fish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new