red fan gorgonian

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I gather this one is not photosynthetic?
Is goniopwer OK to feed it?
 

Attachments

  • 20231117_110127.jpg
    20231117_110127.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 82
Forum lurker here, Goniopower should be fine!

Usually most all Gorgonians with brilliant colors (red, orange, blue) with white polyps are NPS.
I'm pretty new to NPS corals as well, and have some Red Finger Gorgonian (Diodogorgia Nodulifera) and been keeping them so far by dosing live Phytoplankton every other day. (Feeds coral, copepods, and also helps keep nutrients down in my own experience.)

Also when I'm feeding the sun coral a mixture of mysis, phytoplankton, and reef roids (soon to switch to Benepets), I'll also dust them with that mixture as well at least 3-5 days a week. I've seen the Gorgonian polyps catch little bits of mysis occasionally. Not sure if they are fully eating it, but the polyp closes and it disappears. That sounds like eating to me if I've ever heard it described :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I could be wrong, but I'm still learning too.

Hopefully with more threads like this we can all continue to learn, and keep healthier NPS coral!
 
Forum lurker here, Goniopower should be fine!

Usually most all Gorgonians with brilliant colors (red, orange, blue) with white polyps are NPS.
I'm pretty new to NPS corals as well, and have some Red Finger Gorgonian (Diodogorgia Nodulifera) and been keeping them so far by dosing live Phytoplankton every other day. (Feeds coral, copepods, and also helps keep nutrients down in my own experience.)

Also when I'm feeding the sun coral a mixture of mysis, phytoplankton, and reef roids (soon to switch to Benepets), I'll also dust them with that mixture as well at least 3-5 days a week. I've seen the Gorgonian polyps catch little bits of mysis occasionally. Not sure if they are fully eating it, but the polyp closes and it disappears. That sounds like eating to me if I've ever heard it described :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I could be wrong, but I'm still learning too.

Hopefully with more threads like this we can all continue to learn, and keep healthier NPS coral!
Had a sun coral and cauliflower early on. Neither survived.
Hopefully gonipower keeps this going.
Polyps are out. So happy for now
 
I've kept plenty of sun corals...even black sun corals. They're literally one of my favorites out there. I've don't pretty well with sun corals I suppose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new