Red Fire Shrimp

talhashafiq

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, Today I purchased one red fire shrimp from local fish store and when I came home then only I notice he don't have 2 left legs I am worried I did not noticed in local fish store so I know Its my fault but do they grow back as I am new to this hobby?

Thank you.
 
Hi Everyone, Today I purchased one red fire shrimp from local fish store and when I came home then only I notice he don't have 2 left legs I am worried I did not noticed in local fish store so I know Its my fault but do they grow back as I am new to this hobby?

Thank you.
As long as you can provide the shrimp with good water and enough good food, the legs will grow back within a few molts.
 
I just got a fire shrimp who interestingly is missing a leg, too.
I’m curious about “enough good food” - mine is eating marine flakes-and I’ve added mysis shrimp to the tank. What else would be good?
TIA
 
I just got a fire shrimp who interestingly is missing a leg, too.
I’m curious about “enough good food” - mine is eating marine flakes-and I’ve added mysis shrimp to the tank. What else would be good?
TIA
Generally, from what I've seen with shrimp aquaculture, things like frozen pods or enriched frozen brine shrimp are great for shrimp; a high quality frozen or pellet feed would work well too (preferably with ~60% or more crude protein and ~10-15% crude fat content with plenty of good fatty acids - that high of a protein content is pretty hard to come by with available feeds though, so for a generic feed that'd be pretty good for shrimp and really good for fish, I'd settle for one that's over 50% crude protein).

In other words, mysis shrimp is a great source of protein, but you'd want to supplement that with a good, fatty food - if the marine flakes you're feeding are the Omega One Garlic Marine Flakes, then those flakes would likely work as the good, fatty supplement needed (the flakes are a bit low on protein and bit a high on fat, so if taken with a good portion of mysis, the protein and fat of both feeds should balance out pretty well).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new