Red Goniopora care/placement help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mark9

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
100
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this red goniopora for 6 months or so, middle, bottom of tank.
Basically been in the same spot all this time.
I've noticed that it's not as red as it used to be.
It has great polyp extension and has increased in size, just not as colorful as it once was.
I guess it's getting too much light?
As it's already on the bottom, I have 2 choices, move it left or right, under the stylo.
But, i'm not convinced that light is the issue, as i've read that these corals like alot of light.
So, could it be something else?
Any tips from the goniopora experts?

params
6 bulb T5 lighting, ca/kh/mg typically 430/8.4/1350, temp 79-81, ph 8.25, sg 1.026.
15% wc every 2 weeks

recent picture
P1110447_zpsy88mfhjh.jpg


picture from 4? months ago
P1110114_zps2os4vbw3.jpg
 
I keep mine off the side not directly under the fixture ( Hydra LED). They are pretty hardy corals, I would move it off to the side. It will takes weeks or more to see an improvement in color.

Beautiful tank BTW. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new