Red Neck Leak Management

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used this technique 2 or 3 times over the decades. Ideally when a tank starts leaking it can be emptied immediately but sometimes the combination of time, logistics and stress to the animals from being moved multiple times make it preferable to leave everything in place for a day or two. A freind had a 20+ year old tank start leaking and since a new tank could be bought and installed in a day or two we left everything in place until tank could be replaced and jsut used a strip of towel to wick water into a bucket.

Snapazonie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used this technique 2 or 3 times over the decades. Ideally when a tank starts leaking it can be emptied immediately but sometimes the combination of time, logistics and stress to the animals from being moved multiple times make it preferable to leave everything in place for a day or two. A freind had a 20+ year old tank start leaking and since a new tank could be bought and installed in a day or two we left everything in place until tank could be replaced and jsut used a strip of towel to wick water into a bucket.

cow feed containers are the best..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back