Red planaria flat worm

jaschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having some of my zoas and palys losing there skirts then closing up and fading away. All of my parameters are in check, temp was a little on low side of 75 degrees. Working on bringing that back up. I've been inspecting my tank looking for pest and have noticed a few things. On one of my palys that had closed up had small bump on top of it inside. I got some twizers and grab it and it seemed hard so I then pulled it out. It is some what round and hard with a little light tan spot which is mostly white. I've also noticed pods at night on there stalks. And other thing I have found which after researching doesn't seem to effect zoas are what I believe are red planaria worms. I am posting a pic of it. The hard thing that came out of the zoa I could not get a good focus on it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am losing zoas one head at a time which is driving me crazy.
Thanks
20130130_194046.jpg

OP
OP
J

jaschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of the zoas from a few weeks ago. First poly closed 3 days ago and the other today.
20130126_183630.jpg

20130130_204359.jpg

OP
OP
J

jaschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should of I have I posted this in the zoas section? If so can mods please move it to there. Sorry

OP
OP
J

jaschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump
I posted here at reef2reef because I was thinking I would get a quick response over my local forum.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back