Red Planaria in Fluval Evo

Cwoyssant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R. I've had a large infestation of red planaria for the last month or so. Since I have a fluval evo, I cannot add a melenarus wrasse, and I really don't want to have to use FWE to take care of what is mostly an eyesore. I've also heard about blue velvet nudibranch, but I can't find any for less than 30 each plus shipping. I was wondering what natural predator I could add to take care of my problem; I read about sixline wrasses, but a lot of people say they don't actively hunt for FW. I also read about spotted mandarins, pink streaked wrasses (a bit out of budget), and damsels. Please help!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chrysiptera damsels, springeri in particular eat them. I had a blue stripe pipefish in a little tank and he decimated them. Stay away from FWE. I had to keep increasing the dosage and it never got rid of all of them, plus it killed all my stomatella.

OP
OP
Cwoyssant

Cwoyssant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chrysiptera damsels, springeri in particular eat them. I had a blue stripe pipefish in a little tank and he decimated them. Stay away from FWE. I had to keep increasing the dosage and it never got rid of all of them, plus it killed all my stomatella.
how many damsels should I add? 13.5 gallon

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One springeri would probably be fine as long as your clown isn't too territorial.

Back