Red Planaria or Other Flatworm

SnappyShrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
33
Reaction score
17
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started seeing these flatworms in my tank after I introduced a couple of RFAs (which I didn’t dip cause I saw very mixed info on dipping them and thought it’d be safe to introduce). Their numbers aren’t large so I’m trying to manually remove them as I see them and hoping my LFS gets a pink streaked in soon (I want one regardless if it eats flatworms or not). I’m hoping they’re just red planaria and not a more dangerous flatworm that’ll damage my corals.

IMG_4987.jpeg

 
Looks like red planaria to me too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new