Red rock? Live or fake

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doubbler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Doubbler

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
90
Reaction score
77
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this rock for 8 years. I got it from lfs, (out of business), he said it was lava rock, (not sure if he was being literal or figurative). Any thoughts

1494651622038-1196430924.jpg
 
I'm using it in my sump. Slowly tossing bio balls. It's more like a live storage container right now. I used to have a 125 gal. Switched to a 29 aio then added my sump to keep all my rock live.
 
DSC_0199.JPG
D.T.
 
Welcome to R2R and thanks for joining. Not sure about the rock but the display looks nice.
 
Welcome to R2R! I don't see any lavarock (or what you might be referring to as lava rock) but if you have real lava rock then you probably dont want to use that in your set up.
 
It's been in my tank for 8 years. It's really porous, and I've never had any issues with it. Actually the opposite. I just never seen any other rock like this
 
Welcome to R2R!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new