Red Sea Announces New Reefer XL 200, 300, 750v3, & the Largest Reefer XL900

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have gone with 7” fiter socks and a manifold on the return for additions. Waterbox still leading in that aspect.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have gone with 7” fiter socks and a manifold on the return for additions. Waterbox still leading in that aspect.
Um no.. the WB reef pro has 2 x 7" socks vs the red sea that has 4 x 4". The red sea has more surface area of filtration. Also not everyone runs a manifold off the return. That's more a choice than a need. My tank for instance I run a second pump to feed a manifold. I'm not defending one or the other just laying out the facts vs hyprbole.

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good God man, how many tanks do you need? LOL

I just like tinkering. I could be spending my money on worse things I guess.

source (1).gif

MuffinMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't come out with pricing yet have they? I was thinking about purchasing a reefer 250 soon, might want to wait for the 300xl to come out before i upgrade then if they are coming beginning of 2020, couple inches deeper and a better stand. Hmmm....

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um no.. the WB reef pro has 2 x 7" socks vs the red sea that has 4 x 4". The red sea has more surface area of filtration. Also not everyone runs a manifold off the return. That's more a choice than a need. My tank for instance I run a second pump to feed a manifold. I'm not defending one or the other just laying out the facts vs hyprbole.
I was stating my opinion. Some people enjoy the ease of cleaning 7” socks over the 4” socks. And just because it has a manifold doesn’t mean you have to use it, just a nice added option to have, especially since they all use metric plumbing.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back