Red Sea DC Skimmer Overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter clifg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

clifg

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
981
Reaction score
1,020
Location
Belmont, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just purchased and installed the Red Sea DC 300. They recommend the pump to be at 70%. Well right now I have the pump at 4% and the stick thingy all the way open (- sign) and the skim is at the base of the neck. If I were to have it at 70% it would blow the dang lid off the thing. I'm also noticing a lot of microbubbles in the skimmer chamber and display tank. This is in the Reefer 250G2 tank. Anybody run into any similar issues? Thanks!
 
Sounds like the water level in the Sump is too high in the Skimmer Chamber. This can be set at 17 - 23cm but the optimum height for the Skimmer is only 16 - 20cm. Try temporarily lifting the Skimmer manually by 1/2" or 1" to see if the water level in the Skimmer neck is reduced and if it is, try to lower the baffle between the Skimmer and the Return Chamber to reduce the height of the Sump in the Skimmer Chamber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new