Red Sea Fail, very harsh!! But truthful IMO.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is my understanding that many companies delete scan and filter certain threads as well on their public Facebook page. Unless you are monitoring Every company - and understand their policies on their pages this is an odd comparison.

Uh huh. Sure.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A mistake in production doesn't warrant this pressure

Banning 100% of any valid mention from their Facebook page deserves it though

Not allowing one single mention in their Facebook threads, ever, not once, is patently unacceptable. There's no reason that a second buyer can't be assured of tank integrity. That's too low of a quality bar to restrict reliability only to first buyers; that's too brittle and delicate of an aquarium if this is the case

Having this already happen in 2015, then it happening now 2x succession warrants at least a fair discussion of the matter to warn buyers. It wasn't the production lot mistake it was how they try to suppress it.
Curious, have you looked through every other aquarium makers thread - let's take waterbox (not for any particular reason) - how many complaints do you see on their thread? Or innovative marine - do you see any critical comments on any of the pages? I scanned a couple - I didn't see any - yet - on R2R there are complaints present. I doubt any company (aquarium or other) has a perfect record in product or customer service?

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI facebook gorup had a zillion posts about their powerheads killing fish, I dont think they were being deleted, then they quickly released a guard + added a free guard to all of their offerings. I thought that was pretty cool. I think people were getting guards for free, as well. Obviously way different from a potential lawsuit situation but just wanted to chime in.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't cost them $3000 to build and ship an aquarium. They make them in China for a reason ;)
Of course not - I'm only making the point that a 45$ warranty is not going to be a big 'profit center'

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, have you looked through every other aquarium makers thread - let's take waterbox (not for any particular reason) - how many complaints do you see on their thread? Or innovative marine - do you see any critical comments on any of the pages? I scanned a couple - I didn't see any - yet - on R2R there are complaints present. I doubt any company (aquarium or other) has a perfect record in product or customer service?
We can "what about" until the cows come home... I don't think any other vendor has this many failure reports, so the transparency issue becomes more amplified, regardless of how other vendors censor their public discourse.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The AI facebook gorup had a zillion posts about their powerheads killing fish, I dont think they were being deleted, then they quickly released a guard + added a free guard to all of their offerings. I thought that was pretty cool. I think people were getting guards for free, as well. Obviously way different from a potential lawsuit situation but just wanted to chime in.
OK - you called out RedSea for not 'Admitting publicly a defect, right?' Now you say 'you don't think' posts were being deleted. So - basically they did the same thing they added a brace, and re-did their product.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
redsea.png

For his brand loyalty knows no limits!

I am just enjoying the banter at this point, not much more to be said. Promising that we haven't seen G2 leaks so far, at least.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We can "what about" until the cows come home... I don't think any other vendor has this many failure reports, so the transparency issue becomes more amplified, regardless of how other vendors censor their public discourse.
Correct 'You don't think you know how many'. That was my point. No one knows the percentages. That said - I agree with you it seems that some Gen I tanks have had more problems than acceptable.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea why you are apologizing so much for Redsea @MnFish1 . I mean if tomorrow morning you wake up and have 525 liters of salt water on the floor are you going to defend this company? I really do not care what you believe but it does intrigue me.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct 'You don't think you know how many'. That was my point. No one knows the percentages. That said - I agree with you it seems that some Gen I tanks have had more problems than acceptable.

Even if you do not have hard facts, things have a smell test you know that right?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no idea why you are apologizing so much for Redsea @MnFish1 . I mean if tomorrow morning you wake up and have 525 liters of salt water on the floor are you going to defend this company? I really do not care what you believe but it does intrigue me.
I'm not apologizing for anyone. Read what I wrote - as compared to what you think I wrote. I said "I think RedSea has had a higher rate of problems than other manufacturers" - which is not acceptable. The point its all opinion - no one knows the percentage of one company vs another. I have also posted (earlier) - that according to the people I talked to RS had a 1% failure rate in the old tanks which I thought was high - and I was told other rimless tanks were similar.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course not - I'm only making the point that a 45$ warranty is not going to be a big 'profit center'
Margin is margin -

My point was that it feels kinda of like the "never let a good crisis go to waste" mentality.

At best - they have fixed any issues and need to recover margin via the fee
At worst - they know they have issue and need the fee to pad the losses.

In the former, I would think that if the issues were fixed and they were confident (esp given what to appears to be a public black eye) they would just offer the 5 year warranty at no charge.

Again - don't care one way or the other but am responding as an outside observer.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Margin is margin -

My point was that it feels kinda of like the "never let a good crisis go to waste" mentality.

In the former, I would think that if the issues were fixed and they were confident (esp given what to appears to be a public black eye) they would just offer the 5 year warranty at no charge.

Again - don't care one way or the other but am responding as an outside observer.
I agree. Just like every other company on earth. Slightly different example - look at Boeing and the 787 MAX situation.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no skin in this fight and I feel bad for every red sea owner going through a leak. I've kept up with most of these threads, but nothing can convince me that MnFish1 isn't a red sea spy. why are you defending the company to your last breath.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Margin is margin -

On a different perspective, this warranty which they charge for. How much good is it? The tank is just part of the cost. Also are you going to want another one after a seam blow out? I went with a polar opposite brand, I do not want anymore Red Sea products in this house. I cannot even ditch these Reefled lights, people do not want them because of all of the wireless sync issues, plus the power packs overheat. Both of these are known issues, search this forum.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no skin in this fight and I feel bad for every red sea owner going through a leak. I've kept up with most of these threads, but nothing can convince me that MnFish1 isn't a red sea spy. why are you defending the company to your last breath.

The word is "apologizing".

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some here seem a little paranoid. Anyone thinking I’m an agent for any company can take it up with admins. @Daniel@R2R

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some here seem a little paranoid. Anyone thinking I’m an agent for any company can take it up with admins. @Daniel@R2R
I don’t agree with your logic much of the time and not even sure what your point is sometimes…. But I highly doubt you or anybody else here is a paid shill or inside voice trying to do damage control. That is tinfoil hat stuff.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t agree with your logic much of the time and not even sure what your point is sometimes…. But I highly doubt you or anybody else here is a paid shill or inside voice trying to do damage control. That is tinfoil hat stuff.
I prefer armadillo helmets myself

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 163 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back