Red Sea LED60

wiegel279

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used these lights before but they came with my Red Sea peninsula 26g tank. Currently have some frogspawns hammers torches and Zoas. Anyone have a good light schedule for these lights. Not getting the growth I expected. Water chemistry is good also does TM all reef everyday.
 
I use the Red Sea led 90 and it works fine. It does cast sharp shadows so I will replace it at some point. It grows coral like mad. I run mine at 65% blue and 20% white. Supports significant growth of my SPS and a maxima clam at the top of my rock work which goes nearly 3/4 of the way to the surface along with all sorts of LPS including hammers, frog spawn and to a torch along with zoas, blastomussa and miromussa on the sand bed and lower rock work. I run saturated Kalk and AFR and dose NOPOX for the bacterial benefits. Without seeing your water parakeets hard to tell what might be going on. Also, make sure your parameters are stable and not swinging significantly. That can have an impact too. For reference my parameters are:
Alk: 9.1
Ca: 440
Mg: 1350
Phos: 0.08
Nitrate: 8.5
Salinity: 1.026

Another critical consideration is flow. I found it challenging to set up and make everyone happy. Not enough flow - stress. Too much - stress. Invest in good flow devices. I’m using 2 octo pulse 20 power heads and a hydros wave maker on the LPS pattern.

Hope things improve.
 
I use the Red Sea led 90 and it works fine. It does cast sharp shadows so I will replace it at some point. It grows coral like mad. I run mine at 65% blue and 20% white. Supports significant growth of my SPS and a maxima clam at the top of my rock work which goes nearly 3/4 of the way to the surface along with all sorts of LPS including hammers, frog spawn and to a torch along with zoas, blastomussa and miromussa on the sand bed and lower rock work. I run saturated Kalk and AFR and dose NOPOX for the bacterial benefits. Without seeing your water parakeets hard to tell what might be going on. Also, make sure your parameters are stable and not swinging significantly. That can have an impact too. For reference my parameters are:
Alk: 9.1
Ca: 440
Mg: 1350
Phos: 0.08
Nitrate: 8.5
Salinity: 1.026

Hope things improve.
Yes all my parameters are stable. Just looking for a good lighting schedule for those lights.
 
I run mine for 11 hours which includes 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new