Red Sea LED90 lighting issue!!

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Set up my new Redsea Max E260 acquarium about 5 days ago and this morning the left LED90 light stopped working with the app telling me there is no connectivity.

The back of the light has both the power and the settings red lights permanently on. Pressing the button for either 5 or 15 seconds is not changing the status of the lights. There is no blinking of the lights. I have disconnected the power and reconnected it but and the two red lights just stay on.

I understand from reading other threads on this site that people have been having issues with overheating of the power units. I therefore swapped over the power units but the light still does not come in. The other working light works with either power unit.

So I guess there must be a fault with the actual light but if there was would it be the case that the red lights would still continue to be on?

Not very happy as it's only been on its first cycle for 5 days and one of the lights has already stopped working!!

Any thoughts or advice on what I may be doing wrong will be appreciated. Of course, I will contact the retailer about it but they are closed until Monday.

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug the power cable for 10 seconds and then plug it back in while holding down the reset button. There’s an faq on their site somewhere that says to do that when the reset button alone doesn’t work. I have had to do this a couple time with mine. It’s all about timing though to get the process to work. It usually takes me 5-10 tries. Good luck!

OP
OP
A

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug the power cable for 10 seconds and then plug it back in while holding down the reset button. There’s an faq on their site somewhere that says to do that when the reset button alone doesn’t work. I have had to do this a couple time with mine. It’s all about timing though to get the process to work. It usually takes me 5-10 tries. Good luck!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will give it a try soon but what is the reason for having to do this? Is it overheating?

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will give it a try soon but what is the reason for having to do this? Is it overheating?
I’m not sure. In my case both times it happened when I bumped the power cord in the outlet causing it lose power for a brief second. I think it got stuck somewhere in the boot process.

OP
OP
A

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying it now. No luck so far after 3 attempts but will keep trying and update again soon!

OP
OP
A

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying it now. No luck so far after 3 attempts but will keep trying and update again soon!

All sorted and now fully working. Thanks for the info. I probably should have gone through all the FAQ but being a bloke dictates that I should not spend too much time reading manuals!!!

On another note, I am new to marine acquarium and I am going through the process of getting things set up before I introduce some snails and crabs to help things move along before I introduce fish. I was provided some dead live rocks and was told to put them in the tank and them fill it with rainwater to clean out the tank for about 4 days.

I have now filled it up with RO water and added salt and have been advised to let it run for a couple of weeks before adding snails and crabs. Then after another month or so the system should be ready for some fish.

Would this type of timescale be OK for the rocks to come back to 'life'? There are conflicting views on this but what do people on this forum think?

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a E-260 with the sump kit, you are going to really like the tank. I let mine cycle, (added bacteria solution and some food every 2 weeks), for 3 months in order to get past the "ugly" phase before I put any fish or corals. This pic is from today.

IMG_20191019_1440162.jpg

OP
OP
A

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine at the moment. Only 5th day of the first cycle so long way to go yet. Do you think it's worth me waiting a few months them before even adding any crabs or snails too?
IMG_20191016_183025.jpg

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine at the moment. Only 5th day of the first cycle so long way to go yet. Do you think it's worth me waiting a few months them before even adding any crabs or snails too?
IMG_20191016_183025.jpg
Glad you got your light working! You can put snails and crabs in as soon as you see diatoms and algae start to appear as long as ammonia is at 0. You'll want them in there to start doing their cleanup work. And you could put a small fish or two in a couple weeks after that. You just don't want to add fish too quickly because you need the bacteria population to build up slowly.

OP
OP
A

assad319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got your light working! You can put snails and crabs in as soon as you see diatoms and algae start to appear as long as ammonia is at 0. You'll want them in there to start doing their cleanup work. And you could put a small fish or two in a couple weeks after that. You just don't want to add fish too quickly because you need the bacteria population to build up slowly.

Thanks for that. I have purchased some bacteria balls for the tank. Shall I put them in the main tank area or in the rear sump area? If the later where in the rear sump would be ideal?

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. I have purchased some bacteria balls for the tank. Shall I put them in the main tank area or in the rear sump area? If the later where in the rear sump would be ideal?
I don't really know much about the bacteria balls, but I would assume anywhere in the sump that has flow would be good. I don't see a reason to put them in the main tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back