Red Sea LED90 - Losing PAR??

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Red Sea LED90 units. They were purchased at the beginning of 2020. Over time both units have gotten noticeably dimmer with one of the units significantly dimmer than the other. I have tried hard resets to no avail. When I swap the power outlet cords, the dim light switches to the other unit. This appears to be a power outlet / supply issue. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Perhaps Red Sea will warranty this...I wrote their customer line asking for help.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Definitely touch base with Red Sea to see if they'll cover it. Their quality control really seems to be lacking of late; I've had 2 ReefWave45 controllers malfunction in the past 6 months (including one that failed within the first month).

OP
OP
Reef GE

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will not warranty as I don't have the original invoice. Alibaba sells the exact same power plug as the Red Sea unit, but minimum order quantity of 100!!!

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will not warranty as I don't have the original invoice. Alibaba sells the exact same power plug as the Red Sea unit, but minimum order quantity of 100!!!

So, the issue is the power supply brick? Try Aliexpress- I think I remember telegraham on a youtube livestream of his mentioning power supply bricks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back