Red Sea Mag Replacement Test Kit Lot#708

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, replaced my Mag test kit and ran a test, which showed a result of 1560. Using my existing test kit, I get 1200. Anyone else seen similar issues with recent replacement kits? I'm not sure which to trust. I did email tech support.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, replaced my Mag test kit and ran a test, which showed a result of 1560. Using my existing test kit, I get 1200. Anyone else seen similar issues with recent replacement kits? I'm not sure which to trust. I did email tech support.
Unfortunately I have.
It has burnt me twice over the years. It read high when my mag was really low.
Got precipitation / due to my cal and alk ions binding together. :(

To me the Pro Mag kit, is a "weak link" in the red sea test kits.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also personally had wild variations in readings on the Red Sea Magnesium test kit. You have to follow the instructions to the letter and even then you get different readings When I first started out I had a low reading and dumped a load of powder in the tank........... lesson learned!

My magnesium is always high, but when I use the kit up, I’m going to try something else, probably the NYOS.

As @GoVols says, I think this is a weak link in the usual excellent quality of Red Sea equipment

Last edited:

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be having the same problem. Test kit reads normal range but can't get CA up afraid to check if the sandbed is turning to cement.
Has anyone tried to make a standard solution to test the test kit out?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back