Red Sea max 250 lighting

dans.reef2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so i recently picked up an old Red Sea max 250 and have a couple of issues.
First of all is the lighting, I want to keep the hood on the tank but remove the fluorescent tubes and replace with LED’s I was thinking of 2 AI hydra 26hds but then thought about 1 52 hd in the centre secured under the hood. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences?
TIA

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so i recently picked up an old Red Sea max 250 and have a couple of issues.
First of all is the lighting, I want to keep the hood on the tank but remove the fluorescent tubes and replace with LED’s I was thinking of 2 AI hydra 26hds but then thought about 1 52 hd in the centre secured under the hood. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences?
TIA
That's odd. I don't remember it coming with those but perhaps I am thinking of the Reefer systems. The 250 G2 and the previous series came with two Red Sea ReefLED90W lamps and pivoting arms for maintenance (or none as a tank setup alone). I have these lamps and they are decent enough in simplicity to work, as they were with my Max Nano previously but I prefer the AI Prime that was on that tank originally. I would go with the two 26's myself if I were to switch them out.

I chose them as they work with their ReefMat, their pumps and ReefDose4, as I prefer my Apex DOS for water changes and prefer to keep as much within one app and control as possible.

Back