Red Sea Max E 170

moga

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
158
Reaction score
63
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the Red Sea Max E 170 tank. I got a good deal on this used tank with few equipments missing (protein skimmer and the lighting system)

lots of cleaning and testing in case of a leak. all passed.

Put some live rock and build the main rock. .it will be a long project. I need to see what option I have for a skimmer and the lighting system.I may use GHL Mitras 6 for the lighting

I will get some new sand bed sooner or later.

Wish me luck!!!

20230321_112144_resized.jpg 20230321_114155_resized.jpg 20230404_220419_resized.jpg 20230408_134625_resized.jpg
 
I know these tanks are popular but I am not familiar with them, I love cube tanks. Does it have a sump or does the filtration happen in the back?
 
It's AIO version, you can convert into sump with some extra parts.
 
I will keep it as AIO version for now.~


Rock work's done!
 

Attachments

  • 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 95
I love the simplicity. I am getting ready to sell my tank for a big move. When I start again I want to do a Nano tank. What are you planning for livestock ?
 
Nice aquascape!!!
Thanks.!!!

I love the simplicity. I am getting ready to sell my tank for a big move. When I start again I want to do a Nano tank. What are you planning for livestock ?
Thanks.. Good luck with your move.. I am thinking to put zoa on half down and some lps /sps on half up~.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new