Red sea max nano skimmer. Please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ipyloves
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ipyloves

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
126
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find information and red sea is impossible to deal with on this. My skimmer that is made for the tank if filling the cup fast. I have the water level for the tank set where the ATO that is made for the tank keeps it. Ill be 100% honest my rear filtration as a whole confuses me. Why does my overflow not go all through the sock? Doesnt that defeat the purpose? I need to get this all figured out.
My tank is the red sea max nano xxl
 
I have had this problem with the skimmer, I can't remember what I did but I had to adjust the skimmer to where the foam didn't overflow. I have the XL, and the water does go through the sock though. I do agree that it is pretty confusing in the back of the tank
 
Well i still dont fully understand the back of the tank but i put some creative thinking in and it worked. I probably could have kept emptying the cup until it chilled down but because i didnt know it was trying to push so much out i would have never guessed that. So there is no changing the air intake on the skimmer in which was the solution to start. So i took a mechanical pencil and took the cap off, then cut it back to the size hole i wanted to have air come in and put that in the intake. The foam was perfect and within an hour i had a nasty cup. I emptied it and opened the air back up and now she is working perfect.

Also its important to know that this started being a problem when i forgot to turn it back on and didnt notice for a few weeks. Wich is crazy because it is loud lol
 
I have had this problem with the skimmer, I can't remember what I did but I had to adjust the skimmer to where the foam didn't overflow. I have the XL, and the water does go through the sock though. I do agree that it is pretty confusing in the back of the tank
Thank you for the reply
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new