Red Sea Max Nano Upgrades / Questions

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude, how does the tunze 9004 fit into the chamber there? I cant imagine... DO you have one in there?
I agree no chance i would but its much to wide. only have 70mm width to fit, unless you put it under the overflow but then you need to take it out every to change skimmer cup which doenst make sense

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i couldnt, so i just use the sicce 1.0 on it, did you do the same thing? if you did do you mind sharing picture or video on how you installed it ?
I just got my tank running today, couldn't get it to fit, didn't want to saw off the fitting, so I returned it. So I am currently running the pump that came with it. Seems okay so far.

Did the Sicce 1.0 fit in the compartment easily?

Phamousreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got my tank running today, couldn't get it to fit, didn't want to saw off the fitting, so I returned it. So I am currently running the pump that came with it. Seems okay so far.

Did the Sicce 1.0 fit in the compartment easily?
Oh so the only way to saw it off? Dang I guess I just have to sell it.

And yes the Sicce 1.0 fit pretty easy, I just wish that he would've fit the 1.5 lol

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh so the only way to saw it off? Dang I guess I just have to sell it.

And yes the Sicce 1.0 fit pretty easy, I just wish that he would've fit the 1.5 lol
The flowrate between the 1.0 and the return pump that came with the Nano is insignificant. Actually Sicce makes the return pump that came with my Max Nano.

I am considering the Jaebo DCS 1200 in the future. It is 320 gph vs 240 gph and I hear that it may fit in the compartment, but not sure.

Phamousreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't know that, also I bought the tank secondhand, the previous owner was using a nano Sicce pump it was really weak. What is the flow rate on the original pump that came with it ?

reefkeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked one up as well.. My "getting out of the hobby" last a week :) . Broke down a Reefer 425XL, so excited to try the nano. Going with the Tunze 3155 ( actually sold mine, so I had to buy a new one!! Stupid me!!). I was going to put on a MP10, but the nero 5 caught my eye since I can use the same app as the lights.. just wondering if I can dial it down enough to be effective and not overly.
Did you install the float switch inside of the tank or in the overflow area? If in the tank, how intrusive does it look?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back