Red Sea max nano

Birdman3611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my Red Sea max nano over thanksgiving break. I have some awesome fish in there, now I am excited too start getting some coral. I have the Red Sea 50 LED and I am not sure what percentage I need my blues and whites. I want to have soft coral, LPS (Euphyllia) and maybe just 2-3 sps sticks down the road. Also plan on getting a carpet nem when tank is mature. Can anyone send me what they would use for lighting schedule?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a ton of lighting schedules here on R2R.

OK, so can somebody with a Red Sea system help this person out?

Lyngsaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and light. Initial suggestion would be 75% blue and 30% white. This should be more than enough for lps (would suggest to start lower and slowly increase intensity. With this schedule i get some 100-140 par at the bottom and 200+ Par at the top of the tank. I run my light a bit higher (85% b / 31% w) since i have some sps at the top section of my tank but plenty of lps and zoas as well in the tank

OP
OP
B

Birdman3611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and light. Initial suggestion would be 75% blue and 30% white. This should be more than enough for lps (would suggest to start lower and slowly increase intensity. With this schedule i get some 100-140 par at the bottom and 200+ Par at the top of the tank. I run my light a bit higher (85% b / 31% w) since i have some sps at the top section of my tank but plenty of lps and zoas as well in the tank
Great info. thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
B

Birdman3611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, what his and what CUC do you have in the tank?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back