Red Sea Metric To Standard Conversion

Schumanistan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to search these threads up down side to side in order to figure out how to convert the Red Sea 170 MAX E metric plumbing over to standard. So I have decided to make a post that will hopefully pop up when searched and save people a ton of time. Ill list below what's needed in order to get this conversion done.

Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

conversion.jpg

(X2) Red Sea Reefer Sump Pump Return Connector 16mm (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

convertor.jpg

(X3) 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter - MPT x Socket​

The Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit comes with one sump pump return connector so you'll only need to buy two more. Once you get the connectors in just remove the barbed fitting and screw the 3/4" threaded reducing male adapter with plenty of plumbing tape into where the barbed fitting was. I also used a Danco O Ring just to be safe. I hope this helps!

Steve Hedges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to search these threads up down side to side in order to figure out how to convert the Red Sea 170 MAX E metric plumbing over to standard. So I have decided to make a post that will hopefully pop up when searched and save people a ton of time. Ill list below what's needed in order to get this conversion done.

Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

conversion.jpg

(X2) Red Sea Reefer Sump Pump Return Connector 16mm (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

convertor.jpg

(X3) 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter - MPT x Socket​

The Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit comes with one sump pump return connector so you'll only need to buy two more. Once you get the connectors in just remove the barbed fitting and screw the 3/4" threaded reducing male adapter with plenty of plumbing tape into where the barbed fitting was. I also used a Danco O Ring just to be safe. I hope this helps!
I’m looking to convert my My S1000 g2 return line to 1 inch standard. Will this help that connection?

Back