Red Sea Metric To Standard Conversion

Schumanistan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
54
Reaction score
24
Location
Amarillo
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to search these threads up down side to side in order to figure out how to convert the Red Sea 170 MAX E metric plumbing over to standard. So I have decided to make a post that will hopefully pop up when searched and save people a ton of time. Ill list below what's needed in order to get this conversion done.

Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

conversion.jpg

(X2) Red Sea Reefer Sump Pump Return Connector 16mm (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

convertor.jpg

(X3) 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter - MPT x Socket​


The Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit comes with one sump pump return connector so you'll only need to buy two more. Once you get the connectors in just remove the barbed fitting and screw the 3/4" threaded reducing male adapter with plenty of plumbing tape into where the barbed fitting was. I also used a Danco O Ring just to be safe. I hope this helps!
 
I had to search these threads up down side to side in order to figure out how to convert the Red Sea 170 MAX E metric plumbing over to standard. So I have decided to make a post that will hopefully pop up when searched and save people a ton of time. Ill list below what's needed in order to get this conversion done.

Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

conversion.jpg

(X2) Red Sea Reefer Sump Pump Return Connector 16mm (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

convertor.jpg

(X3) 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter - MPT x Socket​


The Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit comes with one sump pump return connector so you'll only need to buy two more. Once you get the connectors in just remove the barbed fitting and screw the 3/4" threaded reducing male adapter with plenty of plumbing tape into where the barbed fitting was. I also used a Danco O Ring just to be safe. I hope this helps!
I’m looking to convert my My S1000 g2 return line to 1 inch standard. Will this help that connection?
 
I had to search these threads up down side to side in order to figure out how to convert the Red Sea 170 MAX E metric plumbing over to standard. So I have decided to make a post that will hopefully pop up when searched and save people a ton of time. Ill list below what's needed in order to get this conversion done.

Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

conversion.jpg

(X2) Red Sea Reefer Sump Pump Return Connector 16mm (Pruchased from Fishtanks Direct)​

convertor.jpg

(X3) 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter - MPT x Socket​


The Red Sea E-170 & E260 Plumbing Kit comes with one sump pump return connector so you'll only need to buy two more. Once you get the connectors in just remove the barbed fitting and screw the 3/4" threaded reducing male adapter with plenty of plumbing tape into where the barbed fitting was. I also used a Danco O Ring just to be safe. I hope this helps!
Do i need to buy the actual kit to start? Can i not do this without any red sea parts and just just pvc fittings?
 
Do i need to buy the actual kit to start? Can i not do this without any red sea parts and just just pvc fittings?
Have you had the chance to try this without any red sea parts? Looking to do the same
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new