Red Sea Reef LED 90’s

PapaShrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I started my Red Sea Reefer 350 about 3 months ago and decided on 2 of the RSReefLED 90’s for the lighting.

As I’m fairly new to the hobby, I liked the fact they have limited options to change with colours etc.

Recently added a couple of low need starter corals (Devils Hand & Pulsing Xenia) but the Xenia has pretty much totally closed up within a couple of weeks. The Devils Hand is doing a little better.

Before I add any other corals I want to get to the bottom of these issues. Tank cycled, nitrate and Phosphate 0 (I realise this might not be ideal) and overall everything else looking healthy. I plan to start dosing 2 part in the future.

That got me thinking about the lights and the schedule I have and wondered if anyone else with these lights is having success and what their schedule is?

Also, any other advice on the corals would be appreciated.

Cheers
PS
E22CB793-1D78-4073-A0B8-55FFC3273245.png

4CC83222-AC8A-43C5-B2F4-2F65E78A37DF.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are great lights and we have them at my work. We run them from something like 11 to 8. It's an sps tank and everything looks nice.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back