Red Sea Reef Mature- NOPOX & bacterial bloom

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently cycling my new tank with Red Sea Reef Mature and now getting a what I believe to be bacterial bloom due to the NOPOX amounts they recommend dosing. White, stringy snotty looking stuff. Is this going to affect the results of my ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate tests while I gauge where I am in the cycle, or should I wait til it’s run it’s course? Also, in regards to NOPOX, should I continue dosing, smaller amounts, stop altogether? This is what my skimmer is pulling out with no livestock, it’s chunkier in person. Thanks…

43A0A525-FCB6-4464-968B-2965F096F5E6.jpeg

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong, but I don't think it's a good idea to use carbon dosing (NOPOX) while you are cycling the tank. It leads exactly to the situation you are facing.

I'd recommend stopping the NOPOX until you complete the cycle of your tank and start to add livestock.

OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong, but I don't think it's a good idea to use carbon dosing (NOPOX) while you are cycling the tank. It leads exactly to the situation you are facing.

I'd recommend stopping the NOPOX until you complete the cycle of your tank and start to add livestock.
NOPOX is a component of the Red Sea Reef Mature kit

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back