Red Sea Reefer 170 New Setup Question List

ryn_keeto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang,

So, after a year and a half on my EVO 13.5, almost a week with no power brought it crashing down. The result? I'm starting over, this time with a Red Sea Reefer 170. I've been able to find answers to most of what I've needed so far, but here are a few I'm not certain about.

1. I picked up Fritz Turbostart 900 and a bottle of Fishless Fuel. Has anyone used these two together? I was thinking I would add the Turbostart, test until I think the cycle's done, then add ammonia per directions to see how the system processes it as a function of a healthy cycle. Am I wrong in my thinking?
  2. How often should I be testing Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate with Turbostart?
  3. I'd like to mount the controller for my Coral Box DCA4000 and for my Finnex HMX300. I'm also thinking about adding an Apex that I'd like to somehow mount inside for aesthetics, given tank location (I realize this might not be possible). Any recommendations for mounting to the inside of the Reefer cabinet? I'd like to avoid drilling into it, if possible...I hear it's pretty dense, and I'm not sure I want to add another hole for moisture to get into.
I appreciate your feedback and patience with someone who still considers himself a total novice.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the losses! I've got the same tank and you're gonna like it for sure. Unfortunately I don't have experience with any of your questions, but hopefully others will be able to answer your questions!

Upvote 0
Back