Red sea reefer 170 powerhead placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rabbmacc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rabbmacc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
27
Location
plymouth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I'm looking for some advice. Finding the right flow and placement of my powerheads is my problem so I was wondering if anyone has a red sea reefer 170 where do you place them and what setting 🤔 thank you
 
I ran 2 MP10s on the back wall on each side of the overflow before my 170 had a seam fail. I ran them on reefcrest but can't remember what %. I don't really watch numbers much and never calculate flow. I just look at coral movement and how food gets blown around the tank.


This was at it's peak.
20220323_171823.jpg
 
I also had mp10’s on the back wall, reefcrest 30%, but it depends on your rock work and corals you have. They have great flow patterns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new