Red Sea Reefer 170 Return chamber level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I can think of is that the factory float as minor adjustments you can lower it or raise it by adjusting the float. There is a joint on the float that looks like an elbow it’s tight I thought I was going to break mine but it does move. I put mine up as high as it would go so it would add top off water as soon as possible not letting the water in the return chamber get low. I hope this helps this is all I could think of.

damianoscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it looks as though you can cut the silicone for the floater with a razor blade and re silicone it at the level you want it at using aquarium safe %100 silicone with no additives like GE Window & Door Silicone 1 which can be bought at Home Depot or any other place that sells hardware. Good luck

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unscrew it from the sump. There is a screw/nut on the bend of the the float valve, loosen that enough that you are not grinding the teeth when you try to adjust the angle, adjust to desire position, retighten the nut and replace.
Hope that makes sense, really easy once you have it in you hands.

OP
OP
jhatfield

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I can think of is that the factory float as minor adjustments you can lower it or raise it by adjusting the float. There is a joint on the float that looks like an elbow it’s tight I thought I was going to break mine but it does move. I put mine up as high as it would go so it would add top off water as soon as possible not letting the water in the return chamber get low. I hope this helps this is all I could think of.
Awesome! much thanks!

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unscrew it from the sump. There is a screw/nut on the bend of the the float valve, loosen that enough that you are not grinding the teeth when you try to adjust the angle, adjust to desire position, retighten the nut and replace.

Sorry to bump this thread but I have a question about the float. I have unscrewed mine and and loosened the screw/nut at the bend, after you loosen the screw do you push the float upwards if you want a higher water in the pump section of the sump?

Thom24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back