Red Sea Reefer 250 replacement plumbing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joeganja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
2,891
Reaction score
975
Location
Modesto, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm trying to ditch the Red Sea reefer stock pluming mainly in intake into the sump with their annoying design of their version of a gate valve. I know their plumbing is metric but can anyone guide me on what I would need?
 
Hello, I'm trying to ditch the Red Sea reefer stock pluming mainly in intake into the sump with their annoying design of their version of a gate valve. I know their plumbing is metric but can anyone guide me on what I would need?
There’s a number of ways you can do this based on various build threads other members have posted. I am planning on using Red Sea Part 42221 and a 3/4” thread to 1” slip piece method as I want to be able to convert back in an emergency so don’t want to permanently alter the stock pieces.
 
There’s a number of ways you can do this based on various build threads other members have posted. I am planning on using Red Sea Part 42221 and a 3/4” thread to 1” slip piece method as I want to be able to convert back in an emergency so don’t want to permanently alter the stock pieces.
Looks like your talking about the return right? I only ask because I don't need a slip piece like I would on the return. I'm using it for the plumbing that goes into the 1st chamber of the filter socks.
 
Looks like your talking about the return right? I only ask because I don't need a slip piece like I would on the return. I'm using it for the plumbing that goes into the 1st chamber of the filter socks.
I am doing it for all 3 pipes as I am planning a custom sump build with standard 1” pvc and a manifold. Part 42221 has a removable barb.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new